CIBIL Status as NH and banks refused to provide load

Hi All,

I’m a software engineer by profession and draw around 50K per month. Recently I got rejection for Personal loan from multiple banks saying CIBIL verification failed. Then I applied for CIBIL score and status is being shown as NH. I have been using couple credit cards for more than 5 yrs and not sure what else might cause the status as NH or credit score not being tracked.

Can someone please help me on this and let me know how to proceed here. It’s really causing pain for me and effecting my finance goals. Sent multiple emails to CIBIL but no proper response with required information received. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,
Contact the company from where you have got the Credit Score and request them to provide evaluation parameters or else check your credit score from multiple service provider, few of them are;

1. CIBIL
  2. Equifax
  3. Experian
  4. High Mark Credit Information Services

Regards

Hi ramakrishnas,

A zero Credit Score indicates an absence of credit history over the previous six months at least. It, however, does not mean that you don’t have a credit report. It just means that you don’t have a loan, or that you probably haven’t used your Credit Card in a long time. Your credit report and Credit Score are updated at regular intervals to factor in your latest credit behaviour.

Banks understand this dilemma. This is why most of them provide Credit Cards that are solely designed for the purpose of building a Credit Score. These Credit Cards either have a lower upper limit or are given against some form of collateral such as a Fixed Deposit. The latter type of cards are called Secured Credit Cards. The upper limit on these cards will be a certain percentage of the value of the collateral you pledge to the bank.

You can also apply for a secured Credit Card if you want to improve a bad Credit Score. Once you get your Credit Card, make sure you use it wisely and pay your bills on time. This will surely help you build a good Credit Score. Once you have a good score, you can upgrade to a regular Credit Card with more features and benefits.

Want to get a Credit Card? Click here.

Cheers,
BB Expert

Hi Ramakrishnas,

We suggest that you check your Credit report to see if your PAN and other details are correct. Your personal details have to be right for banks to report your Credit Card transactions. Also, check if your Credit Card accounts are reflecting. If not, you can check with your bank or credit bureau like CIBIL to inform them that your card transactions are not reflecting on your credit report. Click here to check your Credit Score and report for free.

You can also try improving your Credit Score. Paying off your Credit Card balance is one of the simplest ways to increase your Credit Score quickly. Your payment history makes up 35% of your Credit Score (that’s the biggest one!). Under this head, the way you use credit plays a major part. If you use minimal credit, then you get a high score. Credit bureaus don’t bother about whether you have a high credit limit or a low one. They take into account how much of that credit you use. In other words, they are interested in your credit utilisation ratio. This ratio is the amount of credit you use when compared to the credit available to you.

For instance, if you have a credit limit of Rs. 75,000 and your Credit Card balance is Rs.40,000, your credit utilisation ratio will be 53%, which is considered high. Typically, experts recommend that you maintain a ratio of less than 25%. Now, if you can bring this down to zero, then your Credit Score will improve drastically. Even if you are unable able to pay the entire balance, try and pay off at least 20-30% and your Credit Score is sure to improve immediately. Here’s a tip. Split up your Credit Card bill and pay it twice a month. That way credit bureaus will know that you have every intention of paying your Credit Card dues and your credit utilisation ratio also goes down.

Looking for a Personal Loan? Click here

Cheers,
BB Expert