Given below is a list of the documents that the customer needs to submit along with his / her application in order to have a savings bank account opened.
• Proof of age and identity: Any authentic, registered, and recognized document issued by a competent authority, that contains the full name and a recent photograph of the applicant can be used. Customers should keep either a PAN Card, Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID, etc. on hand.
• Photographs: Usually, banks require that you submit at least 2 passport sized photographs along with the application.
• Proof of address: Any authentic, registered, and recognized issued by a competent authority, which contains the address of the applicant can be used. Customers should keep either a driving license, voter’s ID, passport or utility bill, on hand.
• Senior Citizen Card: Applicants who wish to open a senior citizen’s account are required to submit proof of their age. A senior citizen card works best for this.
• Proof of income: Depending on the type of account the applicant wishes to open, he / she may or may not be asked to submit proof of income and employment.
Depending on the applicant and the type of account being opened, the bank could ask for a few more documents as proof of identification, age, address, employment, etc. This might differ from one bank to another.
Looking for a Savings Account? Click here.