Are there health insurance plan for senior citizens? What will be the premium?
Yes, health insurance plans for senior citizens above the age of 60 are available. Many of them offer special features like cashless hospitalization, critical illness coverage, specific coverage for diseases like Cancer, Stroke and so on.
While the premium will differ from one plan to another, here are a few Health Insurance plans for senior citizens that are currently available in the market:
Bajaj Allianz Silver Health Plan
• Cashless facility in all of the network hospitals, under the Silver Health plan.
• Bajaj Allianz Diagnostic centres can be used for a free health check-up after a period of 4 years which are claim free.
• Extra 5% discount for the family, and a bonus which is cumulative at a 5% rate for every claim free year.
• Individuals within the age group of 46 years - 75 years are eligible for this plan, after required medical tests
New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
• Eligibility for this policy, the individuals should be between the ages of 60 years - 80 years. This can continue up to 90 years if renewed without a break.
• Pre and post hospitalization charges are covered up to 30 days for pre hospitalization and 60 days post hospitalization.
• Hospitalization for illness and injuries will be covered and all treatments conducted will be covered as well.
• All pre-existing ailments and diseases will be covered after the completions of 18 months with the continuous involvement with the company.
Star Health Insurance Senior Citizens Red Carpet
• Individual eligible for this policy is anyone between the age group of 60 years - 75 years. And they will not require a pre medical test for this policy.
• Sum assured ranges from Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.10,00,000 lakh.
• A minimum of 24 hours of hospitalization at the in-patient, including expenses related to the room rent, nursing, boarding, doctors, anaesthetist, surgeon, specialists charges etc.
• Pre and post hospitalization charges are covered, as well as ambulance costs, as specified.
Looking for a Health Insurance policy? Click here.