Health Insurance plans for 53 year old. Is it possible?
Yes very mucg possible and there are many insurance providers that offer health insurance for the elderly. The key however is to pick you health insurance plan smartly as covers can be quite high. Also unlike regular health plans for the young, health insurance for the elderly come with a co-payment clause.
Also health insurance plans for the elderly come with an insurance sub limit for various specific diseases. This means the insurance company will not offer coverage over the pre fixed limit for that disease.
Of course, you can get a Health Insurance plan. In fact, there are Health Insurance plans for senior citizens. Some of the most significant features of Health Insurance plans for senior citizens in India are:
• Hospitalisation cover including medical bills and room charges
• Cashless hospitalisation
• Day care expenses
• Ambulance Charges
• Pre-existing diseases (covered based on the insurance provider)
• No medical test required before availing medical insurance. This is based on the insurance provider.
• Higher sum insured coverage
• Faster and hassle-free settlement
Here are some of the most frequent clauses that are not covered under the senior citizen Health Insurance plans –
• Any pre-existing injuries/diseases
• Any diseases contracted within 30 days of availing the policy
• Any non-allopathic treatment
• Expenses related to self-inflicted injuries
• Expenses as a result of drug abuse
• Cost of spectacles/lenses and dental treatment (except arising out of accident)
• Medical expenses incurred for treatment of AIDS
• Certain ailments like joint replacement, are covered only after 2 years of availing the policy
• Cosmetic surgery
• Injury due to war, act of foreign army etc.
Looking for a Health Insurance policy? Click here.