Of course, you can get a Health Insurance plan. In fact, there are Health Insurance plans for senior citizens. Some of the most significant features of Health Insurance plans for senior citizens in India are:
• Hospitalisation cover including medical bills and room charges
• Cashless hospitalisation
• Day care expenses
• Ambulance Charges
• Pre-existing diseases (covered based on the insurance provider)
• No medical test required before availing medical insurance. This is based on the insurance provider.
• Higher sum insured coverage
• Faster and hassle-free settlement
Here are some of the most frequent clauses that are not covered under the senior citizen Health Insurance plans –
• Any pre-existing injuries/diseases
• Any diseases contracted within 30 days of availing the policy
• Any non-allopathic treatment
• Expenses related to self-inflicted injuries
• Expenses as a result of drug abuse
• Cost of spectacles/lenses and dental treatment (except arising out of accident)
• Medical expenses incurred for treatment of AIDS
• Certain ailments like joint replacement, are covered only after 2 years of availing the policy
• Cosmetic surgery
• Injury due to war, act of foreign army etc.
Looking for a Health Insurance policy? Click here.