Here is a step-by-step guide to how you can log into the EPFO portal and facilitate the transfer of your PF funds from one employer to another.
If you have already been assigned a Universal Account Number, you can transfer funds easily. Ask your employer for UAN, if you haven’t got it.
- Go to the EPFO website http://members.epfoservices.in/home.php and create your UAN based login ID.
- This will take you to a page where you have to enter your UAN, mobile number and details of your present employer like state, establishment number and account number.
- Then you need to check if the account is eligible for a transfer on the EPFO site. You need to fill in the state where the employer was located and search by name or establishment number from a dropdown menu.
- After you have filled in the details, click on Check Eligibility.
- The site will then let you know if your account is eligible, or not. If it is, then you can register on the EPFO website.
- You have to submit a valid photo ID such as PAN card, Aadhaar or driving licence. The website will also send a PIN to your mobile which you have to verify.
- Submitting the PIN successfully will give you a confirmation message. Continue further.
- This will take you to the EPFO Member Claims Portal, To log in, you have to provide the document ID and phone number. After signing in, you can see all options.
- Go to the top tabs and click on Request for transfer of account.
- You can now access and fill in PF transfer form. It has three broad parts:
o First, you have to enter personal information in the first part. Other than your name and email you have to enter IFSC code of the bank and your salary account number.
o In the second part, fill in details of your old PF account
o In part three, fill in details of current PF account.
The claim can be attested by your previous or present employer. It takes some time to get it done.
- After the form is correctly filled in, you can click preview to see if the information is correct. Or else modify.
- After ensuring all the information is correct, enter the captcha and get the PIN. Also click “I Agree”.
- After entering the PIN, the claim transfer is initiated.
You can also check the status of your funds transfer through the portal. In case of any hitches you may ask your previous/ present employer or write to EPFO directly.
Need money but don’t want to withdraw from EPF? Get a Personal Loan. Click here to compare and apply.