How to redeem reward points?

I have purchased many products/items/services through my credit card and have earned around 6000 points. What should I redeem these points for? Also guide how to redeem it. Thanks.

You can redeem the credit card points in many ways depending on your requirements and choice. The redemption offer varies from time to time depending on the card type and the prevailing trend. Please request your card provider for a catalog of the offered product to find out exactly that what are the things you can get while redeeming the points. Usually you can redeem the points for cash, vacation trip, discount on purchases, gifts, buying air tickets at a discounted rate, paying restaurant bills etc., depending on the prevailing offer by the card provider. You can also check the offer and redeem the points directly on the website of the card provider. Also, you can send an email to the customer care from the registered mail id, describing the way you intend to redeem the points. Similarly, by calling on the toll-free number the points can be redeemed easily. Some credit card companies also provide a product comparison in its website to help its customer in getting a good deal for the points earned. It is important to read the terms and conditions applicable on the card to avoid a situation where you can loose the earned points. Sometimes card provider puts a limitation of duration under which it is compulsory to redeem the point. Some companies also put the limitation of maximum points that you can redeem in a calendar year.
Occasionally Card providers offer seasonal or festival opportunity to redeem your points with maximum benefits, so it is important to keep a tab on such offers from time to time.

It depends on who your Credit Card provider is and what type of card it is. Points can be redeemed for a wide range of options such as cash, air miles, accessories, shopping vouchers, movie tickets, etc. The best way to find out is to contact your Credit Card provider directly or log in to your netbanking facility if you have one and browse through what they have to offer.

Team BB