I am a senior citizen and I need a credit card. Am I eligible to get one?

I am a senior citizen andt I need a credit card. Am I eligible to get one?

Credit cards are usually offered to people in the prime of their working life when they are having a regular monthly income which can be used to repay the credit card dues. So for people below 18 and above 60, chances of getting a credit card are minimal to say the least. You can however make use of cash cards or gift cards if you were planning to use credit cards for shopping purposes.

Hi Meera,

Banks generally do not provide Credit Cards for senior citizens. However, there are some banks that provide Credit Cards for pensioners. Bank of India is one of them. They have a Credit Card for pensioners with a credit limit that will be 3 times your monthly pension. We suggest that you check with some public sector banks for such Credit Cards. Some banks do provide Credit Cards against a Fixed Deposit. You can consider this option as well.

Cheers,
BB Expert

I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN AND I NEED A CREDIT CARD.
MY MONTHLY INCOME IS NET 35000/- . MY BILL DIRECT DEPOSIT TO ABHYUDAYA CO. OP. LTD, C.B.D, BELAPUR, NAVIMUMBAI 400614. MY NAME IS AJIT CHABU TORDE. MY EMAIL ID : ajittorde390@gmail.com. MOB.NO. 8779933881
C.B.D, BELAPUR NAVIMUMBAI 400614

I am Sr. Citizen please help me get Credit Card Immidetly. Thank you

Hi Ajit,

Unfortunately, banks don’t usually offer Credit Cards for senior citizens, although there are certain banks, like Bank of India for example, that offer Credit Cards for pensioners. In this case the credit limit on the card will be three times the pensioner’s monthly pension. You could also check with other public sector banks to see if they offer Credit Cards like these or if they offer Credit Cards against a Fixed Deposit.

Cheers,
Team BB