I want to upload my documents in DigiLocker but i do not have an Aadhaar number. What are my options?

I want to upload my documents in DigiLocker but i do not have an Aadhaar number. What are my options?

As of now to avail the services of DigiLocker you will need a valid Aadhaar number issued by UIDAI. If you have applied for your Aadhaar account you can wait till your Aadhaar card is generated. If not you can easily apply for your Aadhaar card and use DigiLocker once you have your card ready. If you do not want to get your Aadhaar card made, then the next best option would be to consider private digital lockers. They are however not free and charge you an annual fee for their service.

Hi Aswani,

Aadhaar card is mandatory for using Digilocker. We suggest that you apply for your Aadhaar card. Once you get the number, you can sign up for the digilocker facility. Here’s a simple three-step-guide on how to store your financial records online:
Step 1: Digital locker services are provided by the government, banks and even private companies. The process to sign up for a digital locker might differ with each service provider, but here’s the typical way to go about it.

Go to your preferred digital locker service provider’s website and navigate to the account opening page. You will need your Aadhaar number to open a digital locker account. Once you enter your Aadhaar number, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile number. You can change the password once the account is created.
Step2: Once the registration process is over, you can start uploading your financial documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), voter ID, school and university certificates, mark sheets etc.

Step 3: Click submit and you are done! Your documents are safe and secure in your digital locker.

You don’t need Aadhaar for getting a Home Loan yet! Click here to compare and apply.

Cheers,
BB Expert