Income tax notice 245

I got income tax notice section 245. What to do?


You are served a notice under Section 245 if you have claimed refund on the tax paid, but there are previous dues that you have to pay. Through this notice, the department lets you know the refund you have claimed and the pending demands from the previous years.

If you do not respond to this notice, the dues and refunds will be adjusted against each other. If there is any discrepancy, you may need to file rectification or revision of return. If you have any rectification on the previous demands, you need to respond with the steps taken to correct the errors in the previous ITRs, and the reason why you should be paid the refund.

Looking for a Personal Loan? Click here

BB Expert