Insurance for hair transplant

I work in the visual medium and my receding hairline is hampering the amount of work I get. I am considering a hair transplant. Since it is important for my career and not cosmetic can I get an insurance claim?

You may have your reasons but treatments like hair transplant are considered to be cosmetic surgeries which do not have any impact on the health of the individual. You are unlikely to get any insurance claim for your hair transplant. The only expecting for coverage for any cosmetic or plastic treatment is post surgery. Cases of pure cosmetic treatment are clearly excluded, plastic surgery if required for treatment after an accident is usually considered if the health insurance company is fully satisfied with the line of treatment and its significance.

Hello Reba,

Health insurance covers only hospitalization expenses. Some policies also allow outpatient coverage. But hair transplant is not covered in any health insurance policy as of now. Treatments which are in terms of beautification like cosmetic surgery, dental treatments, hair transplant are typically not covered. It covers only the surgery occurs due to an serious accident.

As @Dhanya_Menon said (The only expecting for coverage for any cosmetic or plastic treatment is post surgery. Cases of pure cosmetic treatment are clearly excluded, plastic surgery if required for treatment after an accident is usually considered if the health insurance company is fully satisfied with the line of treatment and its significance.)

Hi Reba,

Hair transplant treatments are not covered by Health Insurance Plans as the treatment you are seeking is cosmetic in nature and does not affect your health. In case of cosmetic treatments too, insurances only cover post-surgery expenses. Cosmetic surgery might only be considered in case of an accident.

We suggest you save up for your treatment or take a Personal Loan. It would help you meet your goal.

Cheers,
Team BB

hi all,
I want to go for hair treatment not for transplant so is there any policy which cover treatment expenditure which is cost around monthly 3 to 4 thousand. Thnks

Hi Rohit,

Hair treatments are not covered by Health Insurance plans if the treatment you are seeking is cosmetic in nature and does not affect your health. In case of some cosmetic treatments, insurance only covers post-surgery expenses. Cosmetic surgery might only be considered in case of an accident.

We suggest you save up for your treatment or take a Personal Loan. It would help you meet your goal.
Want to check out Health Insurance plans? Click here. Or if you are looking for Personal Loan, click here.

Cheers,
BB Expert