How to link my Aadhaar card with my bank account? Can I do it online?
To link your bank account with your Aadhaar card all you need to do is login to your internet banking account. Find the link for Aadhaar card details as per your bank’s website and fill in the 12 digit Aadhaar card number in the details. Submit the information and banks will accept and verify your submitted details and update you through sms or email.
It is likely that you furnished your Aadhaar card details as an identity proof or address proof when you opened your bank account. To ensure that you have successfully done the mapping, follow these steps:
- Using Internet Banking Facility
Use your internet banking facility by logging into your account and then do the following: You can either click on the ‘Request’ tab or click on the ‘view/update’ option to check if your Aadhaar number is mapped to your bank account.
- Go to UIDAI Homepage
The next option is to visit the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Homepage.
Click on the tab ‘Aadhaar Services’. This will take you to ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’. Once you click on this, it will take you to the Aadhaar Online Services
After clicking on this tab, enter your Aadhaar number and a security code will appear. Enter the security code following which an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click the Login tab. You will then reach an authentication screen. Here too, you will have to enter your Aadhaar number and the accompanying security code. Once you have done this, your mapping status will appear on the screen.
You don’t need Aadhaar yet to get a Credit Card. Want to check out Credit Card offers? Click here.
Hey Aswani ,
Hope, you are doing well.
The online process of Aadhaar linking to banks accounts is quite simple.
- Log-in to your bank account by using Net Banking.
- Visit nearest bank branch and submit a request in the application form.
- After 3-4 working days, an e-KYC (Know your Customer) authentication procedure is followed by Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Some banks have the option of linking Aadhaar with bank accounts with the help of an IVRS call which will guide you step by step.
- There is also an option to link by sending an SMS to the respective number of the bank.
On successful completion of each of the process, a confirmation message is sent to the registered mobile number.