I want to invest in NPS. Please give information.
The National Pension Scheme is a retirement savings scheme launched by the Indian Government. Under the NPS system, subscribers are allotted a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) which is unique to every subscriber.
It’s a cost-effective, tax-efficient scheme that enables the subscriber to operate a flexible and portable retirement savings account that operates on the basis of defined contribution. Ultimately, the benefits that the subscribers receive depend on the volume of contributions, returns on these contributions, and the total period for which contributions were made.
Eligibility Criteria for NRIs who Wish to Open NPS Account
NRIs who wish to open NPS accounts must first check whether they meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Age: Between 18 and 60 years old.
• Must comply with KYC norms.
• PIOs and OCIs are not eligible.
• The contributions towards NPS must come from either an NRE account or NRO account.
• Minimum contribution on opening the account: Rs.500.
• Minimum amount per contribution: Rs.500.
• Minimum contribution per annum: Rs.6,000.
Looking for a Fixed Deposit? Click here.