I need to fund my younger daughters education for her master’s program aboard. I need a suitable loan to support our finance. Please suggest me which banks provide the best interst rates as of now, Should I go for a personal loan or education loan. Please help!
You can approach any bank for an Education Loan. The eligibility criteria might differ from one bank to another. However, some of them are:
• Any individual aged between 18 and 35 years can avail an Education Loan to pursue studies at any approved university abroad.
• Students can get Education Loans for management courses, engineering courses, medicine, and graduate and post graduate degrees, arts, architecture, pure science, hotel management, etc.
• The expenses covered under an Education Loan include tuition fees, exam fees, lab and library fees, caution deposit, travel, books and equipment, projects and study tours.
• Borrowers have to bring in a margin of 5% to 15% for loans taken for foreign studies.
• During the moratorium period, borrowers have to pay the interest with the principal payment starting when the loan tenure begins.
• Education Loans can be repaid in monthly instalments through ECS or via post-dated cheques to the bank.
• Generally, banks sanction Education Loans with tenure to up seven years, inclusive of the moratorium period.
• A co-applicant has to be selected for education loans taken for full time courses. Co-applicants can include siblings, spouse, parents or other family members.
• Banks will sanction a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs with the moratorium period and up to a maximum of Rs. 10 lakhs for loans without a moratorium period.
• No security has to be submitted for Education Loans taken up to Rs. 4 lakhs. Third party guarantee has to be furnished for loans between Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 7.5 lakhs and tangible collateral security is required for loans above Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
• The Central Government has also introduced an interest rate subsidy scheme for repayments done during the moratorium period for the benefit of the poor.
Looking for an Education Loan? Click here.
Dear Hardika, you can apply for education or personal loan whatever is your choice however one of my suggestion is that you should or your daughter should apply for MoBitE Foundation Post Graduation Endowment Scholarship 2018. If she wins the same she’ll get ample amount to proceed her studies abroad, even if not then also she would get financial assistance from Buddy4study. I assist you to check the same once.