PMAY for B Khatha properties

Could any one advise me if B khatha property is eligible to apply for PMAY? B Khatha properties will not have sanctioned building approval plan as it is built on non converted agricultural land.
For this reason India bulls is not forwarding my application for PMAY but they have given me loan and I am paying EMI from 6 months. Is there a way to apply for PMAY for B khatha houses

Hi coolkadhir,

The history of B Khata can be traced back to 2007, when Bengaluru was reorganised into its present civic body, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. 7 City Municipal Councils consisting of Bommanahalli, Dasarahalli, Mahadevapura, Krishnarajapuram, Raja Rajeshwari Nagar, Yelahanka and Byatarayanapura were merged with the Town Municipal Council of Kengeri and 110 villages to form BBMP. Post this reorganisation a new and uniform property taxation system was implemented and properties which did not have approval of the agency but still continued to enjoy amenities were categorised as B Khata properties.

In essence, these were properties that were unauthorised and which did not pay any property tax. An acknowledgement was issued to these properties post an amendment to the laws and they came to be termed as B Khata.

These properties were termed B Khata as they were registered in a separate register which went by the name B register, a nomenclature which is still used today.

B Khata certificates are given to any property which does not fall under BBMP jurisdiction. Such properties are unauthorized but receive all the amenities provided by the civic agencies. B Khatas are not considered as valid Khata extracts and owners will not get the same benefits as A Khata properties.

This might be the reason why your lender is not submitting your application for PMAY. We suggest that you contact your legal counsel for help. You could be asked to convert your property into an A Khata one.

Looking for a Home Loan? Click here.

BB Expert