The bank cashier has given me a fake note undetected in a note bundle. What can i do to exchange it?

The bank cashier has given me a fake note undetected in a note bundle. What can i do to exchange it?

Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do to exchange it other than talking with your bank. Typically you are expected to check all notes received by the cashier there and then as it is impossible to distinguish the source of the note later. Chances of a cashier not detecting a fake note are quite slim as they use note checking machine along with physical verification of each note. Make sure the note is indeed a fake one and not soiled or torn because if it is then you can exchange it easily.

Hi NMahesh,

You could talk to your bank and see if you they can replace the note, but the chances are slim. As a measure of precaution, it is advisable to check the notes you receive from a cashier since it is practically impossible to identify the source of the fake note once you have left the bank. In any case, cashiers use note checking machines and do a physical verification of every note, so the chances of a fake one slipping through are quite slim.

Cheers,
Team BB